Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Statement

ARTIST STATEMENT
My project is an Interactive Information on Acid Violence. Bangladesh, alongside countries like Cambodia, Afghanistan, India and Pakistan has a very high rate of Acid violence in comparison to the rest of the world. Primary causes of Acid Violence in Bangladesh are illiteracy, lack of awareness, rejection of wedding proposals, dowry, revenge etc. Acid throwing is a relatively easy and cheap way of taking revenge on an individual.

Since this crime in relatively uncommon in Malaysia, as a citizen of Bangladesh, I would like to spread the message of this heinous crime. I believe an Interactive information is one of the best ways to convey my point of view on this issue. Acid Violence is serious crime. I alone cannot solve this issue but my primary goal is to create awareness in Malaysia among the Malaysian people using my application. My interactive information will be informative. It will consist of case studies focusing on the victims themselves and videos reflecting people’s perceptions.


TECHNICAL STATEMENT

In order to complete this project I had to go through different stages of production processes. I used many different software to finish the entire task. It all started with Photoshop in visualizing the design of the application screen.
Then through flash, I integrated all the different components and provided interactivity to the application.
Also, Adobe premiere was used to edit and sort out the videos included in the presentation. This application will be shown on a monitor and users can use a mouse to interact with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment